Situated 200 km west of Melbourne, in a rural setting Camperdown has a Population of 3,500 people.
The surrounding country is called: “Lakes and Crater Country” and is well known by Geologists all over the world.
Its main industry is dairy farming and wool growing.
- 18 hole golf course
- Fresh water fishing in Lake Bullen Merri and Purrumbete
- Boating, yachting & water sking
- Lawn bowling and tennis
- Excellent facilities for radio controlled model aeroplanes, both for gliders and motorised.
Fishing Lakes & Crater Country Cascade Motel is located just 2.5 km from Lake Bullen Merri, one of the best fresh water fishing locations in Australia with a growth rate is second to none. The lake is stocked with Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Atlantic Salmon, Chinook Salmon & Bass.
There are a number of other lakes in the area that provide excellent fishing including, Cobden Lake, Deep Lake, Lake Elingamite, Lake Mumblin, Lake Purrumbete, Lake Tooliorook & Mount Emu Creek.
Bullen Merri is also very popular skiing location that boast deep, clear, open water, Boat ramps and excellent picnic & BBQ areas.
Other Attractions Nearby
Other attractions in the immediate surroundings:
- Buggy & Historical Museum
- Miniature railway park operating 3rd Sunday of the month
- Camperdown Craft Market 1st Sunday of the month
- Climb the 100 steps of the Clock Tower for a fantastic view of the town and close surroundings
- Drive up Mount Leura for a grand view of the Lakes and Crater district
- Historical Buildings and Homesteads
- Fullers Car Show in August
- One Act play Festival during October
- Heritage Weekend during November
- Agricultural Show during November
- Bookar family fun day during March
- Dog show in March
- Equestrian trials